Sunday, July 11, 2010

Animations, Springs, Layers

Alright, well... It was a drill weekend so I'm pretty much exhausted now. So, with every last ounce of energy I have in my fingers *melodramatic*... okay no seriously, I'm still making progress. Since the last update, I've been for the most part importing animations in terms of both the programming and the graphics that I was too lazy to before(springing, tails swimming, looking up, some other random stuff).




Aside from that, I added a new function that can redirect you in any direction and speed relative to the angle your currently standing at(so that you don't have to fall off of a slope at a crazy angle in order to change movement). This is mainly so that you can run up to a spring on a ceiling and get bounced straight back in the same direction,  instead of falling(see screenshot below).


Another thing I programmed in was a stage sensor that can disable all of the forward/backward special loop layer of obstacles(along with another sensor to reactivate them). This pretty much makes it so that you can go through an obstacle on one layer, then go through another one on an opposite layer, and then completely go back through everything to continue onto something new(the ceiling spring was actually a dead end where this happens). Small feature to program, but useful for better level designs later : )









Last but not least, I finally got off of my lazy ass and added the big air bubbles you catch you breath with.

No comments:

Post a Comment