Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Speed Improvement, Ringloss

Long time no see huh? Hahah, I'm starting to amaze myself with how consistent I've been lately(although I'm pretty sure that's gonna change. I start my linear algebra/operating systems 4 week semester summer school class next week... f-ing hell man). Anyway, I've been trying to work on this thing faithfully while I have the time and I may even be able to make it to that SAGE thing to show the engine :) (www.sagexpo.org).

So yeah-- since last update, I noticed something idiotic I did which fixing sped up the engine by about 10% or so - I had all of the obstacle objects with a conditional if that checked if it was moving or not. Super redundant! So I used a moving object child which is also used during a quick check for that type of object. Another thing since last post that I've done was got rid of some glitches I noticed before but never got around to(not properly bouncing off tv boxes when going against a wall, not fireshield dashing against a wall w/the proper anim, some other random stuff). And lastly, I don't know what the hell I was thinking before but I just made the ring loss engine about 5x better ^_^ I began to realize that it was really tacky with them bouncing off of every wall every time so I programmed in that weird genesis thing where they sort of float through it randomly sometimes(who knew it had a purpose?). Suffice to say it's not perfect but its pretty-f*cking-awesome-enough compared to the way it was.(And this my friends, is why I haven't released a test yet. lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment